Building a bridge between two worlds web EXTRA
Justin Lundy, 12, of Mukwonago measures out soy for the packaged meals prepared by groups of volunteers during the Simple Hope packathon at Mukwonago High School on Feb. 16. Photo by: Carol
Eighty-nine people registered, but about 140 arrived to help feed 35 children in a Tanzanian orphanage a meal a day for a year.
With the help of the Mukwonago Rotary Club and the Mukwonago High School Key Club and other high school groups, the nonprofit organization Simple Hope will be able to continue its mission to "save and empower lives through faith, nutritious food, clean water, education, microcredit programs and other identified long-term sustainable processes."
Co-founders Karen Puhl and Pam Schwalbach both served others in various capacities through food pantries, local missions and mission trips. In 2009 after each traveled to different parts of Africa, they joined forces to fulfill their calling of feeding the hungry of Africa with nutritious meals packaged by volunteers like those in Mukwonago.
Simple Hope was founded in 2010 as a Christian non-profit working to provide hope to compromised communities in rural Tanzania, East Africa.
For more information on Simple Hope or to sign up for the next packathon, visit www.simple-hope.org.
Check out our gallery.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
AS IT APPEARED IN PRINT: PDF collection of Oconomowoc "Athletic Fields Forever" coverage.
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog