:: SellingSell online and in print
- PUBLICATION DEADLINES
- Waukesha Now - Monday 2 PM
- Mukwonago Chief - Monday 2PM
- Jefferson County Advertiser - Wednesday 2 PM
- Kettle Moraine Sunday - Wednesday 2 PM
- Lake Country Sunday - Wednesday 3 PM
- Kettle Moraine Index - Monday 3 PM
- Lake Country Reporter - Monday 3 PM
- Oconomowoc Focus - Monday 3 PM
- Sussex Sun - Thursday 3 PM
- Tuesday Living (Lake Country Reporter & Oconomowoc Focus) - Thursday 3 PM
- Remember to include your contact information. Be as accessible as possible.
- Clearly state your price. The price of an item is probably one of the most important factors to classified ad readers.
- Don't use abbreviations unless it's necessary. An abbreviation you use might be perfectly clear to you, but someone else might have no idea what it means.
- Ads that show the price are the ones that get results! Also, giving a price helps you to attract customers who are in your price range.
- Use A Prominent Headline: Choose the main benefit of your merchandise and feature it in a compelling headline. Avoid generalized quality claims.
- Make Your Copy Complete: Complete sentences are easier to read than a series of phrases and random words.
- Specify Branded Merchandise: If you're offering a name brand, be sure to state this fact in your classified ad copy.
- Use a Simple Layout : Classified listings should not be crossword puzzles. A good ad layout carries the reader's eye through headline, art, copy, price, advertiser's name, and phone number.
- Use a Dominate Element: A large visual or headline means your ad will be noticed.
- Let White Space Work For You: This is an important layout element in classified advertising because the average page is heavy with small type.
- Urge The Reader To Act Now: Every ad should include a strong bid for action. Stimulate prompt action by using such phrases as: "This Week Only."
- If you are selling personal items, like used cars, cameras etc., provide details description of the item, its selling price, and your contact information.
- Include online in your ad schedule: many people, whether they read the paper or not, have access to the internet. Its fast, easy, and you can specialize your search.
- Look through the Lake Country. If you see a Classified ad that catches your attention, consider running something similar.
- Organize your thoughts before you call to place your Classified ad. If you have the important information written down, you won't forget a necessary detail.
- There is a 10 word minimum for placing a website into an advertisement.
- What will give me the fastest results?
- Ads that have graphics and bold tend to attract more readers and typically get more response.
- What are the deadlines for advertising?
- 11 a.m. one day prior to publication Monday through Saturday.
- 4 p.m. Thursday for Sunday Real Estate & Statewide coverage.
- 4 p.m. on Friday for all other Sunday categories and for Monday.
- How can I pay for my ad?
- All ads will need to be paid in advance through the site using debit or credit card.
- If I am a business advertiser, can I use this site to enter my ads?
- No, please call 262-367-3272 for the best service and options.
- Can I change my ad while it is running?
- Yes. Minor changes such as a price or a phone number can be made mid-run by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 262-367-3272.
- What is the deadline to cancel an ad?
- Deadlines for cancellation are the same as for placing ads. See above.
- Can I cancel my ad before it starts in the paper?
- Yes. To cancel an ad that has NOT YET PUBLISHED, you must call 262-367-3272prior to the deadline for the next day's paper for any refund to be issued (see above for times)
- Can I cancel my ad once it has started and have achieved the desired results?
- Yes. You can cancel an ad currently running by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 262-367-3272.
- Please refer to your ad number when canceling. All ads are flat rated, therefore, there is no refund once the ad has started it's run.
- To place your newspaper ad over the phone or if you are a business, please call the Lake Country Classified Advertising Department at 414 224-2121.
- To discuss your online ad over the phone, please call the Lake Country Online Advertising Department at 414 225-5067.
- Employment - 301 - EOE
- Employment - 307 - Schools, Etc
- Employment - 308 - Resumes, Services, Etc.
- Employment - 316 - Career Fairs
- Employment - 317 - Child Care Wanted
- Employment - 318 - Child Care Offered
- Employment - 319 - Property Management
- Employment - 320 - Summer Employment
- Employment - 322 - Holiday Employment
- Employment - 324 - Part - Time Employment
- Employment - 325 - Agents, Distributors
- Employment - 326 - Office and Clerical
- Employment - 327 - Managerial
- Employment - 328 - Health Care
- Employment - 329 - Professional - Technical
- Employment - 330 - Sales and Marketing
- Employment - 331 - Skilled Trades
- Employment - 332 - Miscellaneous Employment
- Employment - 334 - Restaurants - Hospitality
- Employment - 335 - Retail Help
- Employment - 337 - Farm Help
- Employment - 355 - Employment Services
- Merchandise - 201 - Seasonal Specialities
- Merchandise - 202 - Wanted to Buy
- Merchandise - 203 - Travel-Tours; Tickets
- Merchandise - 204 - Great Deals
- Merchandise - 205 - Deals and Steals
- Merchandise - 206 - Barter Swap
- Merchandise - 207 - Free Stuff
- Merchandise - 209 - Pets, Dogs, Etc.
- Merchandise - 212 - Horses, Livestock, Etc.
- Merchandise - 213 - Hay and Feed
- Merchandise - 215 - Farm Machinery
- Merchandise - 217 - Items $100 Or Less
- Merchandise - 218 - Good Things to Eat
- Merchandise - 221 - Antiques, Collectibles, Craft Fairs
- Merchandise - 222 - Crafts
- Merchandise - 224 - Coins, Stamps, Etc.
- Merchandise - 227 - TV, Stereo, Electronic
- Merchandise - 230 - Musical Instruments
- Merchandise - 233 - Boats, Motors, Etc.
- Merchandise - 234 - Storage
- Merchandise - 236 - Campers, Trailers, Etc.
- Merchandise - 239 - Bicycles
- Merchandise - 241 - Sports Memorabilia
- Merchandise - 242 - Sporting Goods
- Merchandise - 243 - Snowmobiles
- Merchandise - 245 - Aviation, Etc.
- Merchandise - 246 - Medical-Health Supplies
- Merchandise - 247 - Spas, Hot Tubs, etc.
- Merchandise - 248 - Miscellaneous for Sale
- Merchandise - 249 - Rummage, Garage Sales, Etc.
- Merchandise - 250 - Estate Sales
- Merchandise - 251 - Auctions
- Merchandise - 254 - Household Goods
- Merchandise - 257 - Lawn and Garden
- Merchandise - 258 - Snow Blowers
- Merchandise - 260 - Plumbing and Heating
- Merchandise - 263 - Building Materials
- Merchandise - 264 - Firewood
- Merchandise - 266 - Christmas Trees
- Merchandise - 269 - Machinery and Tools
- Merchandise - 270 - Heavy Equipment
- Merchandise - 275 - Business Equipment
- Merchandise - 277 - Computers
- Obituaries - 5 - Death Notices
- Obituaries - 10 - Card of Thanks
- Obituaries - 15 - In Memoriam
- Obituaries - 20 - Florists
- Obituaries - 22 - Catering
- Obituaries - 25 - Cemetery-Crypts
- Obituaries - 27 - Caskets, Urns, etc.
- Obituaries - 30 - Funeral Directors
- Obituaries - 35 - Probate, Wills, etc.
- Obituaries - 36 - Related Good and Services
- Public Notice - 101 - Engagements
- Public Notice - 102 - Weddings
- Public Notice - 103 - Anniversaries
- Public Notice - 104 - Birthdays
- Public Notice - 105 - Birth Announcements
- Public Notice - 106 - Retirements
- Public Notice - 107 - Graduations
- Public Notice - 108 - Congratulations
- Public Notice - 109 - Announcements
- Public Notice - 115 - Talent
- Public Notice - 118 - Reunions
- Public Notice - 120 - Lost
- Public Notice - 121 - Cemetery Lots
- Public Notice - 125 - Found
- Public Notice - 126 - Coming Events
- Public Notice - 127 - Lodge and Club Notices
- Public Notice - 128 - Community Events
- Public Notice - 130 - Pet Celebrations
- Public Notice - 132 - Personals
- Public Notice - 134 - Special Occasions
- Public Notice - 135 - Business Personals
- Public Notice - 140 - Special Notices
- Public Notice - 150 - Business Opportunities-Franchises
- Public Notice - 152 - Businesses for Sale
- Public Notice - 155 - Money Wanted
- Public Notice - 175 - Legal Notices
- Public Notice - 180 - Santa's Specials
- Real Estate - 601 - Real Estate Financial Services
- Real Estate - 602 - Realtors
- Real Estate - 603 - Real Estate Service
- Real Estate - 612 - Condominiums
- Real Estate - 615 - Open Houses
- Real Estate - 619 - North Shore
- Real Estate - 620 - East-East Suburban
- Real Estate - 621 - Brown Deer Glendale
- Real Estate - 622 - Ozaukee County Area
- Real Estate - 623 - Sheboygan County
- Real Estate - 624 - North Side
- Real Estate - 626 - Northwest-Suburban
- Real Estate - 628 - Menomonee Falls Area
- Real Estate - 630 - Washington County
- Real Estate - 632 - West and Wauwatosa
- Real Estate - 634 - Brookfield, Elm Grove
- Real Estate - 635 - Waukesha County North
- Real Estate - 636 - City of Waukesha
- Real Estate - 637 - Waukesha County South
- Real Estate - 638 - Jefferson and Dodge Counties
- Real Estate - 639 - Walworth County
- Real Estate - 640 - South Side
- Real Estate - 642 - Southeast Suburban
- Real Estate - 644 - Southwest- West Allis
- Real Estate - 646 - Southwest Suburban
- Real Estate - 648 - New Berlin-Muskego
- Real Estate - 649 - Western Racine County
- Real Estate - 650 - Racine, Kenosha Counties
- Real Estate - 651 - Lake and Country
- Real Estate - 652 - Milwaukee Value Homes Under $50,000
- Real Estate - 653 - Mobile-Manufactured Homes
- Real Estate - 654 - Wisconsin Outlying Counties
- Real Estate - 655 - For Sale By Owner
- Real Estate - 657 - R.E. U.S.A.
- Real Estate - 659 - Farms
- Real Estate - 660 - Lots, Acreage
- Real Estate - 663 - Investment Property
- Real Estate - 666 - Business Property
- Real Estate - 669 - Industrial Property Sale/Lease
- Real Estate - 675 - R.E. Sell, Trade, Etc.
- Real Estate - 678 - Real Estate Wanted
- Rentals - 501 - EOH
- Rentals - 502 - Rooms-Downtown
- Rentals - 503 - Rooms-East
- Rentals - 504 - Rooms-North
- Rentals - 505 - Rooms-West
- Rentals - 506 - Rooms-South
- Rentals - 507 - Rooms-Suburban
- Rentals - 508 - Roommates, Etc.
- Rentals - 510 - Furnished Rentals
- Rentals - 515 - Senior Living
- Rentals - 518 - Apts.-Downtown
- Rentals - 519 - Apts.-North Shore
- Rentals - 520 - Apts.-East Suburban
- Rentals - 521 - Apts.-Brown Deer, Glendale
- Rentals - 522 - Apts.-Ozaukee Co.
- Rentals - 523 - Apts.-Sheboygan Co.
- Rentals - 524 - Apts.-North
- Rentals - 526 - Apts.-Milwaukee Northwest
- Rentals - 528 - Apts.-Menomenee Falls
- Rentals - 530 - Apts.-Washington Co.
- Rentals - 532 - Apts.-West, Wauwatosa
- Rentals - 534 - Apts.-Brookfield, Elm Grove
- Rentals - 535 - Apts.-Waukesha Co. North
- Rentals - 536 - Apts.-City of Waukesha
- Rentals - 537 - Apts.-Waukesha Co. South
- Rentals - 538 - Apts.-Jefferson, Dodge Co.
- Rentals - 540 - Apts.-South
- Rentals - 542 - Apts.-Southeast, Suburban
- Rentals - 544 - Apts.-Southwest, West Allis
- Rentals - 546 - Apts.-Milwaukee-Southwest
- Rentals - 548 - Apts.-New Berlin, Muskego
- Rentals - 549 - Apts.-Western Racine Co.
- Rentals - 550 - Apts.-Racine, Kenosha Co.
- Rentals - 552 - Apts.-Outlying Counties
- Rentals - 556 - Houses, Condos, Townhouses-City
- Rentals - 558 - Houses, Condos, Townhouses-Suburban
- Rentals - 560 - Housing Rent or Sale
- Rentals - 561 - Flats/Apts
- Rentals - 563 - Rental Agencies
- Rentals - 566 - Vacation Rentals
- Rentals - 567 - Time Share, etc.
- Rentals - 569 - Wanted to Rent
- Rentals - 572 - Business, Office Rentals
- Rentals - 578 - Miscellaneous Rentals
- Transportation - 411 - Automotive Services
- Transportation - 413 - Sport Utility Vehicles
- Transportation - 415 - Vans, Pick-ups
- Transportation - 418 - Mini-vans
- Transportation - 420 - Trucks, trailers, Etc.
- Transportation - 425 - Autos Wanted
- Transportation - 430 - Auto Parts - Services
- Transportation - 433 - Automotive Miscellaneous
- Transportation - 435 - Motorcycles, Etc.
- Transportation - 445 - Sports Cars
- Transportation - 448 - Classic Cars
- Transportation - 455 - Station Wagons
- Transportation - 460 - Automobiles for Sale
- Transportation - 465 - Convertibles
- Transportation - 468 - Vehicles For Rent
To place your newspaper ad over the phone or if you are a business, please call the Lake County Classified Advertising Department at 262-367-3272.
To discuss your online ad over the phone, please call the Lake County Online Advertising Department at 262-367-3272.
Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
75th & Bluemound..... SAVE $200 !!... 75th & Bluemound... call BONNIE @ 262-641-0865. 2 bdrm @ $750/month. move-in ASAP and SAVE up to $200*
Upper or Lower unit available with carpet, kitchen appliances= oven, range, refrigerator. Washer & Dryer on-site. Parking off-street in back of buildings.
Easy access to freeway... HEAT included!!!
See full ad...
Wauwatosa: 538 N. 119th St. Wauwatosa: 538 N. 119th St. Duplex or single family, 4BR, 2BA, For sale by owner, $259,000. (414)333-4406 See full ad...
NIEMAN MARKETS Family Apple & NIEMAN MARKETS Family Apple & Pumpkin Farm Presents: Book your School, Church or Group tours Now LOCALLY GROWN Fresh Picked Apples Pick Your Own Raspberries Peaches Fresh Vegetables Vine Ripened Tomatoes Cherry Cider Breads, Cookies & Pie Also Jams, Jellies & Maple Syrup Popcorn & Honey OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK, 9 AM - 6 PM 14335 N. Wauwatosa Rd. Mequon, (262)375-0460 See full ad...
Bay View: St.Thomas More Flea Market & Rummage Sale!! St. Francis - Bay View: St. Thomas More High School Flea Market & Rummage Sale!
Saturday Sept. 6 & Oct. 11th
8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Northeast Parking Lot - 2601 E. Morgan Ave. (KK & Morgan)
Vendor Set-up is from 6:30 – 8am
$20 fee includes use of 2 parking spaces (18'x18' space)
Vendors supply own chairs, tables & monies
No sales of concession food or beverages as STM concessions onsite
Rain cancellations determined 8:00am day of event
Fundraiser for STM Soccer & Athletic Programs
See www.tmore.org for info and forms or call Mike at 414-331-6184
THANKS!! See full ad...
ERIN FINDLAY January 11, 1979 ERIN FINDLAY January 11, 1979 - August 30, 1999 Loved, missed and remembered Aunt Judy and Uncle Jim See full ad...
Spacious Ranch 3bd Priced to go quickly. Open concept 3 bedroom w/ plenty of room for a 4th. Lg kitchen with double ovens and stoves adjacent to a butler pantry with 1st flr laundry facilities. Huge master bedroom with walk-in closet and private bathroom. Exposed finished basement with wet bar, dance floor and full bath. Rest of basement is set up for a dream workshop with direct access through the garage.Backyard is wonderful for entertaining with a large patio and 20' x 40' in-ground pool with new liner. Full acre lot. Over $80,000 in improvements over last 6 yrs including carpet and flooring 2014, New roof and siding 2008, New heating and AC 2011, gutters, well tank, water heater, Anderson windows and patio doors 2013 and Oven 2010. See full ad...
John Deere 60 hp diesel loader tractor John Deere 2440 in excellent condition. New engine, clutch, radiator, paint and much more. See full ad...
New Price! Beautifully Updated North Waukesha Home See more details and photos online!http://www.owners.com/TJW8441
Beautiful 3 bedroom, 2 bath home nicely located in a friendly, quiet neighborhood near schools and shopping. Fenced-in backyard has brick patio area. Lower level has paneled rooms that can be used for multiple purposes. Interior features beautiful hardwood floors, granite counters, first floor laundry, and many updates! Please call 262-232-1819 for more information or to set up a showing! See full ad...
Driver Redelivery Driver Driver Redelivery Driver Menomonee Falls - Part-Time The Redelivery Driver is responsible for taking newspapers to customers who have been missed or received incomplete / damaged sections of any product distributed by Journal Sentinel Inc. Flexible shifts with a preference of working 3-4 shifts per week. Typical hours are 9:00am-1:30pm Mon-Saturday and 6:30am-11:30am Sunday. This position also requires collections every other week 7-12pm Mondays and Tuesdays. Must be able to repetitively lift 30-35 lbs of Newspaper Bundles, and have a Valid Driver's License and access to an insured vehicle. Must be 18 years of age or older. Apply online: http://www.journalcommunications.com/journal-communications-jobs.html Click "Search Openings," then in "Keyword" enter: 202BR. Or Contact Dave Fifarek at (262)-253-2986, email@example.com See full ad...
Terrance Anderson-Patterson Terrance Anderson-Patterson With loving memories, on your 50th Birthday- August 28, 2014. I miss you more each day; those beautiful green eyes, that joyful personality, and that sincere concern for people and their problems. You were always ready to lend a helping hand regardless of the type of need. God blessed me with the best, and he took the best when he called you home. Your time, 36.5 years, were very short, but the quality was perfect. I can't say how many times I have thanked God for you. Words can never express our loss. -your loving mother, Evelyn See full ad...