- News Briefs: Notable shorts about your community
- School Briefs: Important tidbits about local schools
- Community Briefs: Keep up with community events
- Business Briefs: Notes on business happenings
- Business Buzz: What's the talk
- Business Calendar: Business events near you
- New Business: Know about the new stores, restaurants and businesses in your community
Mark Lambrecht figures he can trim 15 minutes off last year's time, setting a goal of finishing in 2:43 when he competes in the New York City triathlon on Aug. 3. He hopes to trim three minutes off his time in the 1,500 meter swim, and time off each transition, to the 40K bike ride and the 10K run.
With the 2014-15 tax levy set to go before Mukwonago Area School District residents at the annual meeting on Monday, the district is looking at a tax levy decrease of .82 percent, according to budget information from Director of Business Services Darren Clark.
While budget constraints prevent the Mukwonago Area School District from hiring a professional dedicated solely to human resources, the school board approved an additional administrative position of director of employee and instructional services on June 23 to help address human resource demands in the district.
Mukwonago Area School District Superintendent Shawn McNulty wasn't surprised about the United States Supreme Court's recent decision to not hear an appeal of a lower court's ruling that the Elmbrook School District violated the U.S. Constitution when graduation ceremonies were held at Elmbrook Church.
In an effort to simplify the student fee schedule, student registration fees at Park View Middle School and Mukwonago High School will increase next year, but course fees for consumable materials, such as those used in art and foods classes, will be eliminated.
After a group of parents from the Palmyra-Eagle Area School District approached the Mukwonago School Board in May about Eagle possibly joining the Mukwonago Area School District, the board approved a financial study on June 23 to determine if such a venture would be fiscally possible for the district.
Yowzza held a preview last week of its new location at 325 Bay View Road. The restaurant will feature all-you-can-eat pizza buffet, a fresh salad bar and a build-your-own frozen yogurt bar sold by weight.
The old yellow building at S42 W31428 Highway 83 catches the eyes of those who drive through Genesee Depot. It caught the eye of Mukwonago residents Lorelei and Mike Mustas, who saw an opportunity when the building went up for sale.
Mukwonago shop made presidential cheesecakes
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- soothe your soul in door county, wi - blissfull yoga retreat with soul on yoga
- Enjoy Fun Activities at the Schauer Center Open House
- UW-Waukesha Fall Classes - Come Grow with Us!
- Shop 'til you drop to benefit HPHC
- 2nd Annual charity GMMO to be held at Senic View Golf Course
- Lake Country Martial Arts Ninja Camp
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Which Type of Yoga is Right for You?
- 2014 GreenBuilt Home Tour Features Twin Lakes WI Home.
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog