- News Briefs: Notable shorts about your community
- School Briefs: Important tidbits about local schools
- Community Briefs: Keep up with community events
- Business Briefs: Notes on business happenings
- Business Buzz: What's the talk
- Business Calendar: Business events near you
- New Business: Know about the new stores, restaurants and businesses in your community
Working as interpreters at Old World Wisconsin for more than 20 years each, it seemed only natural that Anne Danko, 45, and Karl Kaphengst, 49, both of Burlington, would get married at a place they considered their second home.
Village of Mukwonago Police Chief Kevin Schmidt used to watch his dad lead the Mukwonago Fire Department. Village of Mukwonago Police Lieutenant Ken Pileggi used to watch his dad get ready for his work as a deputy, state trooper, chief of police and public safety officer.
Mark Lambrecht figures he can trim 15 minutes off last year's time, setting a goal of finishing in 2:43 when he competes in the New York City triathlon on Aug. 3. He hopes to trim three minutes off his time in the 1,500 meter swim, and time off each transition, to the 40K bike ride and the 10K run.
The Phantom Legion Marching Band of Mukwonago High School hosts its fourth annual marching band competition, Phantom Phest 2014, on Saturday, Sept. 20, at 6:30 p.m. on Hensler Field at Mukwonago High School, 605 W. School Road.
Purple shirts flooded the Mukwonago Area School District Board of Education meeting on Aug. 25 as supporters of the Palmyra-Eagle Area School District urged the school board not to take Eagle out of the P-EASD and not to take their "right to school choice" away from them.
Presenting the proposal of putting school recourse officers in the two Mukwonago Area School District elementary schools residing in the town of Mukwonago, Police Chief Tom Czarnecki told school board members of his concern about a national trend of violence moving toward elementary schools.
As former Rolling Hills Elementary School principal Nick Reichhoff takes on the new role of district director of employee and instructional services starting Tuesday, the Mukwonago School Board approved hiring Casey Blochowiak as the next Rolling Hills principal at its Monday meeting.
Yowzza held a preview last week of its new location at 325 Bay View Road. The restaurant will feature all-you-can-eat pizza buffet, a fresh salad bar and a build-your-own frozen yogurt bar sold by weight.
The old yellow building at S42 W31428 Highway 83 catches the eyes of those who drive through Genesee Depot. It caught the eye of Mukwonago residents Lorelei and Mike Mustas, who saw an opportunity when the building went up for sale.
Mukwonago shop made presidential cheesecakes
AS IT APPEARED IN PRINT: PDF collection of Oconomowoc "Athletic Fields Forever" coverage.
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog