- News Briefs: Notable shorts about your community
- School Briefs: Important tidbits about local schools
- Community Briefs: Keep up with community events
- Business Briefs: Notes on business happenings
- Business Buzz: What's the talk
- Business Calendar: Business events near you
- New Business: Know about the new stores, restaurants and businesses in your community
Village of Mukwonago Police Chief Kevin Schmidt used to watch his dad lead the Mukwonago Fire Department. Village of Mukwonago Police Lieutenant Ken Pileggi used to watch his dad get ready for his work as a deputy, state trooper, chief of police and public safety officer.
Mark Lambrecht figures he can trim 15 minutes off last year's time, setting a goal of finishing in 2:43 when he competes in the New York City triathlon on Aug. 3. He hopes to trim three minutes off his time in the 1,500 meter swim, and time off each transition, to the 40K bike ride and the 10K run.
Presenting the proposal of putting school recourse officers in the two Mukwonago Area School District elementary schools residing in the town of Mukwonago, Police Chief Tom Czarnecki told school board members of his concern about a national trend of violence moving toward elementary schools.
As former Rolling Hills Elementary School principal Nick Reichhoff takes on the new role of district director of employee and instructional services starting Tuesday, the Mukwonago School Board approved hiring Casey Blochowiak as the next Rolling Hills principal at its Monday meeting.
With the 2014-15 tax levy set to go before Mukwonago Area School District residents at the annual meeting on Monday, the district is looking at a tax levy decrease of .82 percent, according to budget information from Director of Business Services Darren Clark.
While budget constraints prevent the Mukwonago Area School District from hiring a professional dedicated solely to human resources, the school board approved an additional administrative position of director of employee and instructional services on June 23 to help address human resource demands in the district.
Mukwonago Area School District Superintendent Shawn McNulty wasn't surprised about the United States Supreme Court's recent decision to not hear an appeal of a lower court's ruling that the Elmbrook School District violated the U.S. Constitution when graduation ceremonies were held at Elmbrook Church.
Yowzza held a preview last week of its new location at 325 Bay View Road. The restaurant will feature all-you-can-eat pizza buffet, a fresh salad bar and a build-your-own frozen yogurt bar sold by weight.
The old yellow building at S42 W31428 Highway 83 catches the eyes of those who drive through Genesee Depot. It caught the eye of Mukwonago residents Lorelei and Mike Mustas, who saw an opportunity when the building went up for sale.
Mukwonago shop made presidential cheesecakes
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Macy Anderson, Dousman Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR COOKOUT FOR A CURE
- NIKOLAI STRIKES BACK
- Ameriprise Advisor, Hartland Resident, Achieves Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- Families can apply for free, reduced lunches
- Hamilton schools plan for start of classes
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog