Oconomowoc Legion observes Poppy Day
The American Legion Auxiliary Unit 91 of Oconomowoc, has designated Friday, May 22 Poppy Day. Volunteers will distribute the red crepe paper flower in exchange for contributions to assist local veterans and their families. Volunteers will be throughout the city at locations such as Sentry Foods, K-Mart and Stein Garden & Gifts.
The poppy is a worldwide symbol of sacrifice, honoring the men and women who served and died for their country in all wars.
The poppy is also a reminder to the community of the continuing needs and support of our veterans.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Local Doctors Discuss: Great Source for Reliable Information on Nutritional Supplements
- Call for Artists to Participate in WRAP Exhibit
- MHS Key Club selling bracelets to sponsor students in less developed countries
- Woodside contributes baskets for families in need
- Landscape Plastic Recycling Event Success
- Templeton bands to perform holiday concerts
- Guarantee Digital Announces New Marketing Programs for Lake Country Merchants
- Country Roads Take Me Home to the Schauer Center
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog