Help your community
Members of Crosspoint Community Church work at Imagination Station playground Friday. The church is taking part in a campaing called, "The Church Has Left the Building," and are volunteering throughout the community. For more in this see this story on LivingLakeCountry.com Photo by:
There's still time to volunteer at community built playground Imagination Station. If you don't have time to help build, you can still help by dropping off some food and water for volunteers.
You can drop off: watermelon, (on sale at Pick 'n Save), oranges, bananas, cookies and baked goods anytime through Sunday. Also, food is needed for Saturday lunch. Thirty hot casseroles of something like a tomato-based elbow macaroni with beef or turkey or any family style casserole would be greatly appreciated. Ten to 15 green salads with bottles of dressing on the side are also needed.
You can check the playground Web site for the most up-to-date needs, oconomowocplayground.org.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog