Local man charged for sexual assault of a child under age 16
City of Oconomowoc - An 18-year-old Oconomowoc man has been charged with sexual assault of a child under the age of 16.
According to the criminal complaint filed with the Waukesha Count Circuit Court, Brian T. Boritzke, 18, 36633 Hollyhock Woods Drive, had consensual sex with a 15-year-old girl at his home on Jan. 28, Feb. 27 and March 10.
Police were contacted by Waukesha County Human Services after the agency received information from staff at Oconomowoc High School regarding Boritzke's alleged involvement with three 15-year-old girls.
Boritzke initially denied having sex with any of the girls.
One girl's mother found text messages and emails the two exchanged in which they discussed their intimate relationship.
During the course of the police investigation, Boritzke admitted to having intercourse with her and two other 15-year-old girls.
One of the girls confirmed she and Boritzke had sex at a Jefferson County location; the other girl denied having any sexual contact with him.
The age of consent for sexual contact in Wisconsin is 18.
Boritzke is scheduled to make his initial appearance in court before Waukesha County Court Commissioner Martin Binn at 10 a.m. on June 29.
If convicted, Boritzke faces up to a maximum of either 40 years in prison or a $100,000 fine, or both.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
AS IT APPEARED IN PRINT: PDF collection of Oconomowoc "Athletic Fields Forever" coverage.
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog