Chuck Delsman | Charlie's Choices
Charlie's Choice 12/13/12
The bankroll soared back into the profit zone last week as my top play of the season, an $800 bet on the Denver Broncos over Oakland, easily covered the points. Thanks to that game, I made $800 for the week, splitting on six other plays. For the season, the bankroll is now $600 to the good.
I had Green Bay winning last week by a 34-30 score. They won by seven points instead.
All year, I've been telling everyone that I thought the Chicago Bears would beat the Packers this week. But the Bears are a mess, losing four of their last five games. Green Bay at the same time has won seven of eight. Here's the bottom line. The Packers are just a better team.
I've got the Packers winning this week, 28-17. My banker, Bri Bernhardt of the U.S. Bank in Hartland, says it's closer than that. As the guest prognosticator this week, she's got the Packers winning, 24-20.
I must be crazy but I'm going to play a bunch of games this week that I'm not big on. Let see what happens.
My top three plays, all for $300, are the New York Giants (plus-1) over Atlanta, Green Bay (minus-2.5) over Chicago and Houston (minus-8) over Indianapolis.
In $100, plays I'll go with Denver (plus-1) over Baltimore, Miami (minus-7.5) over Jacksonville, New Orleans (minus-4) over Tampa Bay, Detroit (minus-3) over Arizona and San Diego (minus-3) over Carolina.
Starting bankroll: $5,000
Won last week: $800
Winning picks: 40 of 73
Current bankroll: $5,600
- Charlie's Choices 01/17/13
- Charlie's Choices 12/27/12
- Charlie's Choices 12/20/12
- Charlie's Choices 12/06/12
- Charlies Choices 11/22/12
- Charlie's Choices 11/22/12
- Charlie's Choices 11/15/12
- Charlie's Choices 11/08/12
- Charlie's Choices 11/08/12
- Charlie's Choices 10/11/12
- Charlie's Choices
- Charlie's Choices 02/02/12
- Charlie's Choice 01/12/11
- Charlie's Choices 01/05/12
- Charlie's Choices 12/29/11
- Charlie's Choices 12/22/11
- Charlie's Choices 12/09/11
- Charlie's Choices 11/03/11
- Charlie's Choices 10/20/11
- Charlie's Choices 9/29/11
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- MainStage Dancers Perform at OAC May 26th
- FREE Organic Lawn Care Workshops This Saturday!
- Little Treasures Launches Summer Camp June 10-August 30th, 2013
- Hamilton announces April students of the month
- Learn to skate
- Christ the King Church Announces Vacation Bible School Schedule
- Birth to 3 Walk on June 1st Frame Park
- Waukesha County HeartChase is June 22
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog