Chris Schuck | All Schuck Up
St. Jerome living legend honored
The man known as "Mr. B" has stuck with the playbook the past 30 years at St. Jerome's School, and for it was recognized in stylish fashion Dec. 9.
Prior to the Lions eighth-grade boys basketball game, Jeff Brinkman, the longtime eighth-grade boys coach and physical education teacher, was honored for his second-to-none service to the school and community.
The court at St. Jerome's was remodeled over the summer, reminding everyone who plays on it or watches a game that it's "Mr. B's Court."
Over recent years, former players such as Arrowhead graduate Charles Rushman and Greg Glaser, havewritten letters explaining their positive experiences under Brinkman's tutelage.
"I always know you're my greatest friend and will be my coach always," Rushman said in a letter two years after graduating from St. Jerome School.
Glaser supplied more concrete evidence in an American Literature project, written during his days at Oconomowoc High School.
"Mr. B helped me mature through his schooling of sportsmanship," Glaser said in an excerpt. "He stressed respect to everyone on his basketball teams, and in his gym classes. He showed me how important respect is at all times, to all people. In gym class no one could make fun of others for their handicaps, we all had to treat each other fairly. During basketball games, no one could talk trash or showboat."
Two players, including current Oconomowocvarsity boys basketball player Tyler Enright, read half of Rushman's letter to those in attendance on Dec. 9. Brandon Buckholtz read the other half.
"That was something else, very humbling," Brinkman said. "I had all I could do from breaking down. It was a special day. I got the chance to have some pictures taken with some former players. I can't wait to see them."
Keep it up, Mr. B.
- Biebel wants smarter heads to prevail
- Legion no longer a bridge too far
- Oconomowoc drivers, start your engines
- Five O's show life, no kidding
- Simons blossomed at Lake Country Lutheran
- Oconomowoc playing through it all
- Boston Marathon a triumph of the human spirit
- WLT spring baseball to get a new look next year
- Wessberg welcome addition to STiKS
- Younger Kloth an Illinois icon
- Momentary time travel can ease those winter blahs
- Winter tournaments dead ahead
- Olympic sports played right around the corner
- Please let Mr. Rodgers play against Dallas
- Diderrich was perfect fit at OHS
- Odds and ends in Oconomowoc sports
- Mystery team up next for Oconomowoc gridders
- OHS statisticians needing a breather after shootout
- Road-weary Wisco wants out of WLT
- Roosevelt would have been right place at right time
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Macy Anderson, Dousman Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR COOKOUT FOR A CURE
- NIKOLAI STRIKES BACK
- Ameriprise Advisor, Hartland Resident, Achieves Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- Families can apply for free, reduced lunches
- Hamilton schools plan for start of classes
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog