Kathleen Smith | (262) 246-4737
Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News 01/29/14
The deadline for submitting information for this column is 5 p.m. Thursday. Kathy Smith can be reached at (262) 246-4737 or email@example.com.
Hamilton High School's Drama Department will present the classic musical "Fiddler on the Roof," in the Hamilton Fine Arts Center, W220 N6151 Town Line Road, Sussex.
Set in early 20th-century Russia, the play follows a traditional Jewish family trying to live a normal life. The show begins at 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, Feb. 6-8, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 9. Tickets: adults $8, students and senior citizens $5. Purchase tickets 30 minutes before the show at the HFAC box office.
Call the box office, (262) 246-6471 Ext. 1552, for more information.
Shakespeare for the young
Peace Lutheran Academy, W240 N6145 Maple Ave., Sussex, will offer "Tragedy of Hamlet," a literature course for upper elementary homeshooled students.
Classes will meet Monday and Wednesday, Feb. 10-March 13. Registration $95, after Friday, Jan. 31 $120.
Contact Kimberly Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org or (262) 246-3200, to register or for more details.
The Sussex Outreach Services Food Pantry, N63 W23626 Silver Spring Drive, Sussex, needs canned food, excepts peaches and carrots.
The supply of canned vegetables, meats, meals and soups is down, although there is a sufficient amount of chicken noodle and tomato soups. The pantry serves Sussex, the Town of Lisbon and parts of Merton, averaging 311 family unit visits per month. Donation dropoff times are 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday.
For more information, call the Resource Center, (262) 246-9860.
The community banquet meal is a coordinated effort of 10 area churches and six denominations.
The free banquet, which is held the second and fourth Thursday of each month, except Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks, is open to everyone. Coffee, water and milk is served at 5:15 p.m., dinner begins at 5:30 p.m. The meal is at the St. James Catholic Church Parish Community Center, W220 N6588 Town Line Road, Menomonee Falls. No reservations needed. A freewill offering is held twice a year.
Call Sussex United Methodist Church, (262) 246-3748, for more details.
Hamilton District Schools
Willow Springs learning Center: registration continues for the 4K program through Friday, Jan. 31. Call the Center, (262) 255-6190, for an appointment or more information.
Hamilton High School will welcome incoming ninth-graders and their parents for an orientation at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12.
Informational meetings for students interested in honors courses (6 p.m. in the Fine Arts Center ), band and choir (both at 6:30 p.m. in the Band Room) will be held. Those unable to attend the orientation or parents of private school students whose school was not notified about this event should call the Guidance Department, (262) 246-6476 Ext. 1130.
Contact Tricia Rigg, (262) 246-6476 Ext. 1134, for more information.
Depot Museum, N63 W23791 Main St., Sussex. Open by appointment only, Fred Keller, (262) 246-3603.
Sussex Lions Club meeting, 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 3, Boneyard Pub and Grille, N64 W23180 Main St., Sussex. email@example.com.
Sussex Sled Bugs meeting, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 4, Sussex Bowl, N64 W24576 Main St., Sussex. www.sussexsledbugs.org or (262) 246-8104.
Meetupery events, Waukesha County WordPress meeting, 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5 and WordPress Training classes with Orion Group, Thursday, Feb. 6, at N69 W25055 Indian Grass Lane, Sussex.
- Sussex News: Sept. 3, 2014
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon news: August 20, 2014
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon news: August 13, 2014
- Sussex, Lisbon and Lannon news: August 6, 2014
- Sussex-Lisbon_Lannon news: July 23, 2014
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News: July 17, 2014
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News: July 9, 2014
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News: July 2, 2014
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News: June 25, 2014
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News: June 18, 2014
- Sussex-Libson-Lannon News: June 11
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon news: May 28
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News: May 21
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News 05/14/14
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News 05/07/14
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News 04/30/14
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News 04/23/14
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News 04/16/14
- Sussex-Lisbon-Lannon News 04/09/14
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Macy Anderson, Dousman Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR COOKOUT FOR A CURE
- NIKOLAI STRIKES BACK
- Ameriprise Advisor, Hartland Resident, Achieves Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- Families can apply for free, reduced lunches
- Hamilton schools plan for start of classes
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog