Butler's fowl ordinance amended
Village of Butler— After several months of review, the Butler Village Board has amended an ordinance pertaining to the keeping of farm animals.
At a meeting last week, the board tweaked the ordinance. New language permits property owners in residential areas to keep up to four, rather than two, chickens. Roosters continue to be prohibited within the village.
Butler's municipal code has additional language that remains in tact. There are passages addressing "noisy bird restrictions" and "clean enclosure requirements" that are designed to put further restrictions on chicken keeping.
Prior to taking action at last week's meeting, the Plan Commission and Village Board each held a public hearing. No one spoke for or against increasing the threshold.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Member celebrates 94th birthday Tues Apr 21st
- Celebrate Spring with Schauer Community School of the Arts
- Hamilton student experiences government program
- Hamilton Band Boosters host Annual Spring Tasting
- Hamilton drama to present “Charlotte’s Web”
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Arthritis Doesn't Have to Mean It's Time to Slow Down
- Hamilton announces March students of the month
- AAUW Oconomowoc awarding two local scholarships
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog