Haasch to provide music for Sussex Fourth festivities
After a two-year hiatus, Sussex resident Steve Haasch will again be furnishing the music at the annual Sussex Fourth of July fireworks night, starting with a set at 7 p.m., continuing until the fireworks blast off at 9:20 p.m.
Haasch will also provide background music during the fireworks show. It will be Haasch's 15th year performing music for the evening fireworks.
This year marks the 200th anniversary of the writing of the Star Spangled Banner in 1814, and the story of the national anthem will start the program at 7 p.m. The anthem will follow.
Following that, there will be 27 different pieces of music that are somewhat traditional at patriotic events, such as works by Neil Diamond, Bing Crosby, Aaron Copland, Barry Manilow, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles.
Haasch will also provide the music for the 9:30 a.m. Sussex Kiddies Parade on Friday, July 4.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
AS IT APPEARED IN PRINT: PDF collection of Oconomowoc "Athletic Fields Forever" coverage.
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- LEARN ABOUT COMMON CORE SEPT. 20
- Mukwonago's Bark for Life to Benefit American Cancer Society
- All God’s Children of Delafield Announces A New Playground Being Built; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Public Hearing on Town of Merton Garbage Pickup
- Christ the King Church of Delafield Announces New Worship Schedule; Adds Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter Dave Gerhartz to Music Staff
- Household and Agricultural Hazardous Waste Special Collection: Saturday, September 13 – Oconomowoc
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog