Long-time Lisbon resident Rescella passes at 95
Family sold land that became Woodside Elementary School
On Saturday, June 14, 2014, a long-time Lisbon farm lady, Rescella T. Butler, died at the age of 95. She was the wife of Robert "Bob" Butler.
Together, Bob and Rescella sold a 20-acre, top of the hill land mass from their farm for Woodside Elementary School. The sale saw the school become part of the village of Sussex, while the remaining northwest corner of Good Hope Drive and Woodside Road is a land-locked piece of the town of Lisbon. The former barns and other major farm buildings have all disappeared in the last two decades.
Rescella Butler is survived by her niece, Marjorie (Gary) Boe and their family; Cheri (Alan) Schmackle, Melissa and Daniele Schmackle, Robert Boots and Madelyne Bauer. She is also survived by many other relatives and friends.
Vistitation was Wednesday, June 18 at the Sussex funeral home. Entombment was at the Wisconsin Memorial Park.
Her late husband, Robert, was part of an 1840s pioneer family that settled in the town of Lisbon.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Celebrate Lake Country
communities with stories
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Terri Enghofer Writes Memoir: A Lump in the Road
- Kettle Moraine Jr. Laser Baseball/Softball Club to Hold 2015 Season Tryouts
- Ninth Annual GMAC Golf Outing Tees Off Aug. 15, Benefiting Two Charities
- Waukesha BluesFest Set for Aug 8-9 - A Blues-Based Smorgasbord of Regional and National Talent and Local Artisans
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: All About Vitamin A
- SummerStage Presents “Talley’s Folley”
- Waukesha County Recycling & Water Resources: In the Community
- soothe your soul in door county, wi - blissfull yoga retreat with soul on yoga
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog