What if you were the size of a quarter?
What if you were the size of a quarter and trapped in someone's pocket or purse?
We'd like to hear all about it.
The contest is open to all third- through eight-grade students in public, private and home schools within the area covered by papers of Lake Country Publications, including the Hamilton School District, Arrowhead area school districts, Pewaukee School District, Kettle Moraine School District and Oconomowoc School District. The limit is one entry per student. Immediate family members of Lake Country Publications employees are not eligible for prizes.
Winners will be asked to submit a headshot for publication with their winning entry (a school photo is fine.)
The front of each entry must include the student's name, age, grade, school, home address and phone number. Home address and phone number will not be published, but will be use to notify winners and send out prizes.
Entries will be divided into two categories: grades three through five and grades six through eight.
Each story should be no more than 400 words. Shorter entries are encouraged. Entries will not be returned. Typed entries are appreciated.
All entries must be received by 5 p.m. March 2.
First prize in each category will receive $100, second place will receive $50 and third place $25. Winning entries will be published in Living Lake Country Sunday this spring.
Send entries to Lake Country Publications, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, WI 53186. Email entries will not be accepted.
Top stories from the Lake Country area. Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
Click here for stories
on community pride
Do you have news or a nonprofit event that you would like to share with the community? Whether it's a community organization, a business, a local school, or a notable neighbor, we'd love to hear about it.
- Mindful Mixed Mediums Project: in Memory of Lake Country Artist, Kathy Boritzke (Hosted by The Oconomowoc Festival of the Arts), is Looking for 5th-8th Grade Visual Arts and Creative Writing Students to Participate
- CHRISTIAN CONFERENCE ADDRESSES DISPUTED TOPICS IN WAUKESHA PEWAUKEE
- Five By Design Brings Club Swing to Schauer Center
- FREE Workshops Teach Eco-friendly Methods
- Wisconsin Watercolor Society Exhibit at the Schauer Center
- "Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Local Youth Perform with New York Theatre Ballet in Cinderella & Other Tales
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are You Sitting Properly?
Lake Country residents share their views on news, happenings and current events.
LivingLakeCountry.com features more than a dozen community bloggers - a group of volunteer conversation leaders who are up on the latest topics and never short on an opinion. Just a few are pictured here. Check out the rest and see what they have to say!
View All Blogs
Do you want to become a Community Blogger? LivingLakeCountry.com welcomes your thoughts and opinions. Contact us for more information:
I want to blog